Hummus and blueberry toastDifficulty: Easy
This quick hummus and blueberry toast is my all time favourite snack or breakfast option when I am running short on time and want to grab something that is healthy and filling too.
2 slices of toasted brown bloomer
6 tbsp of lemon herb hummus
2 tbsp blackcurrant (or blueberry) jam
Handful of blueberries
Handful of pumpkin seeds
(Optional) Drizzle of honey
- Toast the brown bloomer (low/medium crispy – depending on your preference) You can choose any other bread of your choice
- Apply lemon and herb hummus on the slices
- Spoon over the blackcurrant (or blueberry jam) on top of hummus and spread slightly
- Top each slice with a handful of blueberries and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds
- (Optional) Drizzle over some Manuka honey
- A moroccon style hummus will taste great too here and you can replace pumpkin seeds with any other seed of your choice (sunflower seed)
- This toast can be a healthy snack alternative for those 4-5PM cravings while at work.
- Running late for work in the morning? This can be your quick breakfast instead of usual bread butter toast.