Peas and roasted red pepper pesto tagliatelle (pasta)Difficulty: Medium
A yummy recipe for pasta and pesto lovers
1 tbsp olive oil
125 grams of wholewheat tagliatelle (boiled as per package instruction)
1 medium green/red bell pepper
1 large white onion
1/4 cup boiled peas
Handful of mixed spinach, chard and watercress (optional) leaves
190 grams roasted red pepper pesto
1 tsp of grated garlic
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly crushed black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium flame. Saute grated garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and cook until caramalised
- Add bell pepper and cook until just tender. Pour in the boiled peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Mix in the roasted red pepper pesto. Fold in the boiled tagliatelle and mix well.
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Top up the tagliatelle with handful of mixed leafy salad
- Grate some vegetarian parmesan/hard cheese on top for some nutty flavour.